Premier North Georgia Christian Retreat Center
Fellowship Valley Needs List
We are a Non-profit 501c3 Ministry and all Gifts/Donations, financial and otherwise, are tax deductible!
YES, we have needs. And according to Habakkuk 2:2-4 it is good to put them in writing:
2 The Lord answered me, “Write down what I show you. Write it clearly on a sign so that the message will be easy to read.[a] 3 This message is about a special time in the future. This message is about the end, and it will come true. Just be patient and wait for it. That time will come; it will not be late. 4 This message cannot help those who refuse to listen to it, but those who are good will live because they believe it.
• We need to finish the new Kitchen, complete the remaining roof system, renovate the serving area with new concrete slabbed floor, re-panel the dining hall, re-floor the dining hall with new laminate flooring, (2) Handicapped Bathrooms and complete the New Kitchen/Serving area with a Commercial Dishwasher, Steam Tables and Stainless Steel Tables . This New Kitchen/Dining Hall Renovation is a “must complete first” project in order for the other needs, below, to fall into place. This will cost approximately $35,000.00 more to finish.
• We need to cover the rest of the mobile homes and put new siding on all of them. These units have been here for over 30 years and they have served us well. However, as in all things, aging requires a little extra help to continue on. All of these units are in really good shape structurally as well as inside. We just need to update the outsides so they last us for many years to come. Plus, they will look like nice, cozy cabins! The cost to complete all (4) units will be approximately $15,000 more to complete.
• We are in desperate need of more “meeting space” and lodging space so that we can have more than one group of 20+ at a time. The “Vision” the LORD gave me for this was to totally renovate the original Director’s House by enlarging it to a (10) bedroom / (10) bath housing unit and converting the basement into the meeting area for a group to hold up to 30 attendees. This would be a HUGE addition to the ministry and would open the doors of so many possibilities for future groups to utilize! The approximate cost of this endeavor would be $300,000.00
• We need to renovate one of our little cabins on the lake, that has been out of commission for many years, into our Book Store/Gift Shop/Additional Meeting Space. The cost of this project would be approximately $25,000.00.
• And once all of these projects are completed, we need to renovate the old “Dorm Building” from it’s “lodging space” into our new Chapel / Meeting Facility. This project would cost approximately $150,000.00 and be a very important “Vision” come true for this ministry, as are all the other needs previously mentioned!
• We need to replace the old Double Wide unit across the street from the entrance of Fellowship Valley with new Administrative Housing / Office Quarters (2 separate Living Spaces with the office/conference facility in between) . This would open up the Deer Haven Community for a separate Group Retreat Center. The approximate cost of this project would be $175,000.00
• We are in constant need of volunteer work teams to help us:
- create a Prayer/Walking Path around the circumference of the 55 acres surrounding the retreat center. The cost of this project would be anyone willing to donate their time, energy and a “medium” to a “large” piece of machinery to blaze that trail!
- landscape the “hill” in front of the Log Home with terracing and steps.
- clearing out underbrush around the brooks and creeks on the property.
- pressure washing of buildings and walkways
- interior and exterior painting projects
- flower gardens and mulch spreading
• We need approximately 6-8 loads of gravel to resurface the driveway grounds of the ministry. The cost of this is $3,500.00
• We need very large, “leaning too much to one side”, pine trees to be taken down, cut up and stacked. There are too many to count, but it makes for some really great “team projects” for churches to get involved in… and it minimizes the possibilities of any of them falling on one of our housing units or buildings. Not to mention, there are plenty of trees already down that need to be cut up and dealt with. It also helps to beautify the grounds.
• We always gratefully appreciate “Staff Support” or “Gifts” to help the two of us with the little incidentals in life. Neither of us receives a salary… The Lord has instructed us both in this, that if we will take care of His Business (His People), He will surely take care of our business… And He has been faithful to do that through His Saints. We truly are “Water Walkers”! And again, all donations and gifts are tax deductible!
• We have several electrical and plumbing projects available.
However, our greatest need is Prayer. First and foremost, we ask for your prayers for the continuation of this “World Wide Ministry”! (You see, we have hosted over 81 different countries over the past 37+ years, so I’m thinking we qualify for that “title”… Praise the Lord!…)
- Pray that His Purpose is being fulfilled here without compromise.
- Pray that He will continue to fill us with His Strength and Purpose to fulfill His calling on our lives as we serve Him here.
- Pray for His continued provision in all things necessary for the continued “equipping of the Saints”.
- Pray that He leads you in knowing if there is any area that He would like for you to get involved with.
- And pray that His Will be done on earth, here, as it is in Heaven.
It is by prayers of faith that this ministry even came into existence so many years ago. And it is by those same prayers of faith that this ministry will continue to be a place of refuge, restoration and revival for His Children who come away and seek His Presence. That is what we are all about…
His Business = His Children, His Plan, His Glory!
If the Lord is leading you to give into this ministry, financially, please click the “Donate” button below. It is our secure PayPal sight.
If you would like to donate your time, via work teams or individually, or you would like to donate items, ie: household, building materials, equipment, etc., just give us a call at 706-754-4804 or send us an email at email@example.com
A “Word” from the Lord to us:
“Do not deny My People the opportunity to be Blessed by Me by being a Blessing to this Ministry.”