Having the important information before you arrive at Christwalk in the Valley only makes your stay with us more enjoyable. Browse through our "Frequently Asked Questions" section for answers to common questions. If by chance you have a specific question, feel free to submit an inquiry via our form.
In addition, check out our list of resources including local attractions, suggested activities, and Christian resources.
Browse through our most frequently asked questions. Most likely, others have asked something similar.
No, the Christwalk in the Valley does not offer laundry facilities for guests.
As Christwalk Ministries grows, we are getting more and more inquiries about weddings.
While, we want to do all we can for our church family, the idea of hosting weddings is not in line with the intended purposes of ministry at Christwalk in the Valley. In fact, Bonnie Hanson and Allene Marshall, the original missionary leaders who started the Valley, refused to allow weddings at all.
After much prayer and consideration concerning weddings at Christwalk Church and Christwalk in the Valley, we have made the following decision based on by-laws and purposes of ministry.
- Only regular attenders of Christwalk Church or immediate family of the pastor and staff will be considered for weddings at either location.
- Weddings can be scheduled at Christwalk Church if the regular church schedule allows on Friday or Saturday’s only.
- Weddings can be scheduled at Christwalk in the Valley on weekdays or evenings, Monday and Tuesday’s only or Sunday’s after 3 pm.
- The ministry of Christwalk in the Valley does not lend itself toward weddings because retreats and conferences are scheduled Thursday-Sunday’s at noon, year-round.
- Any scheduled wedding must be handled through reservations with Emilee Norman and approved by the Pastor. A contract must be signed with a security deposit paid before the reservation goes to the calendar.
- The wedding party is responsible for all set-up, breakdown and clean-up at both locations. A security deposit of $500 must be paid to reserve the Valley Venue. A fee of $200 must be paid to reserve the church. Following appropriate clean-up of the facilities and grounds, 50% of the security deposit will be returned to the paying party.
**Please note that parking is limited at Christwalk in the Valley. Therefore, we are not equipped to handle large weddings at the Valley location.
Thank you for respecting the purposes of ministry at each location.
Can we bring our own snacks and food even though we will be having our meals prepared by ChristWalk In The Valley?
***Service animals for the blind or hearing impaired are the only exceptions and we must be notified in advance.***
QUESTIONS . . .
Here at Christwalk in the Valley, we want for you to be well informed. If you have a specific question, our staff is dedicated to helping you. Submit the form below, and we will respond as soon as possible. Thanks.
The Northeast Georgia Mountains are absolutely breathtaking! While you are drawing closer to God on your retreat, there are other nearby attractions you may want to explore. Many are just miles away.
- Minnehaha Falls ~ 3 miles
- Panther Creek Falls Trail Head ~ 3 miles (pictured)
- Rabun Beach Recreation Area ~ 4 miles
- Tallulah Gorge ~ 5 miles
- Dillard House (restaurant) ~ 18 miles
- Alpine Helen, Georgia ~ 26 miles
- Scaly Mountain, NC (Snow Tubing & Ice Skating in winter months) ~ 32 miles
- The Highlands ~ 40 miles
- Mall of Georgia ~ 50 miles
at the Wells-Warner Library
During your retreat here at Christwalk in the Valley, many guests bring their Bible along with additional study material. However, we are pleased to introduce you to the Wells-Warner Resource Library. Located In our meeting hall, "Upper Room", we offer a library of Christian books and Bible Studies with Workouts and DVDs. Please feel free to check out any of our resources during your stay. Mr. Warner has spent over 13 years compiling this library, which he recently donated to the Valley.
For additional reading material during your stay, consider bringing one of the following books with you:
- The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer
- Killing Kryptonite by John Bevere
- Battlefield of the Mind and Workbook by Joyce Meyer
- When Godly People Do Ungodly Things and Workbook by Beth Moore
- And, of course, our story: Two Weak Women and Amazing Grace by Bonnie J Hanson